- Date Discovered:
- 09 July 2019
- Microsoft Windows is prone to a security-bypass vulnerability. An attacker can leverage this issue to bypass certain security restrictions and perform unauthorized actions.
- Microsoft Windows Server 1803
- Microsoft Windows Server 1903
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
Run all software as a nonprivileged user with minimal access rights.When possible, run all software as a user with minimal privileges and limited access to system resources. Use additional precautions such as restrictive environments to insulate software that may potentially handle malicious content.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.
Eyal Karni, Marina Simakov and Yaron Zinar from Preempt